Hello, all.

My NT server has suddenly stopped resolving DNS names. It's NT 4, sp 6a,
connected to a router and an ADSL line to our providers site, where there
are two DNS servers. I can ping out using IP addresses, but if I ping a
www site I get "bad IP address". I have reinstalled TCP/IP and service
packed to no avail. I also removed RAS and an old external modem which
wasn't being used (Tapisrv.exe was using some resources, and technet
implied this may be a cause). All other PC's on the network can browse
internet, without problem, so it's definitely the server. It was working
on minute, then the next... nothing. I have updated antivirus and scanned,
nothing there.

Please help !

Incidentally, I am not receiving the mails from the list, so please reply
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with ideas and I will be most grateful.

Thank you one and all,

Neil Macdonald