Windows 2000 Server sp2

Attempting to install a subordinate CA under an existing Root CA. The
subordinate CA had the CA services installed on it at one time but they were
uninstalled through add/remove windows components. Below is the error
message I get after choosing "Enterprise sub CA", filling in CA ID
information, attempted advanced and no advanced option.

Message 1:
The private key "<servername>" already exists. Do you want to overwrite this
key with a new one?
((yes))((no))
-I select yes.

Message 2: An error occurred when generating key "<servername>" for the
Certificate Services service. Either the CSP configuration is not complete
or the key length is not supported. Please make sure the CSP is installed
correctly or select another CSP.
        An internal error occurred. 0x80090020 (-2146893792)
((Ok))

Also, I've gone into the mmc certificates plug in and removed any
certificates that I added or were not part of the base install.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

William L. Smith
Systems Administrator