I second this emotion on cybex kvm switches.

We've got 4 consoles running about 100 servers.  They daisy chain to
multiple levels.  on screen menu with aliases for console port numbers (Ie.
\\exchanng47 )including cables you might pay a little more than your 1k, but
it'll be worth it.  We've got about 18 of these.

They have a multiple monitor/multiple host version which has a remote
monitor over cat 5 (500' limit I believe), 8 hosts, and 2 consoles.  We've
got one of these.  I've not used their 'IP products, but the others are
solid.

---
I don't know if short intros are appropriate for this list, but as this if
my first day in this class, here it is.

Hi my name is Dan and I'm a geek.

(All - Hi Dan)

been working on computers since 83, mini's, Modems, (hate those multipoint
modems), servers, communications, web, bla, bla, etc.

I've got a couple shingles for what they are worth.  MCSE, CCNA.

I also play bass, any other musicians on the list?

Take it easy,
Dan

Dan Miley
Liberty Insurance Services RBCFG.