The setting is in the 'My Computer' properties, Remote tab, Remote
Assistance (must be checked), Advanced.   Also the 'Automatically download
updates' is checked by default.     When I first started the machine up
after an unattended install, it gave a help tip that it had connected to
the internet.    I didnt have a sniffer running to catch the trace, so I
think I'll go back to ground zero and start over to see what this is
sending back to the mother ship.......

Also I got a balloon that said I needed to set up a MSN Passport and the
wording was such that a naive user would interpret it as required to use
the computer.

The Beast of Redmond grows stronger......

Later - DR