We see the same thing in our all NT environment when the NetApp server gets
overloaded on the disk or ethernet subsystems. You may want to start with
perfmon and then netmon as the situation dictates.

hth
--Charles

                    Kenneth Taira

                    <ktaira@capri        To:     "NT System Admin Issues"

                    ca.com>              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                         cc:

                    09/10/2001           Subject:     Spurious Problems With Saving
Problems
                    01:51 PM

                       Please

                    respond to

                    "NT System

                    Admin Issues"

Has anybody seen this sort of problem?  Or have any ideas on how to
diagnose?

We are using NT2000 domain server, NT4 Workstations (SP6), Win2K
Workstation and a NetApp Fileserver.
Periodically, users with NT4 Workstations with full permission rights open
an Excel file on the shared drive of
the NetApp, make changes the file and try to save the file (or even save
as).   They wait for a very long time,
then get a spurious error message saying that the drive is full and that
the save has failed.  Sometimes,
after calling me to their workstation, the file saves without a
problem.  The few people using Win2K Workstations
do not appear to ever have this problem.  Among the NT4 users, this problem

is random and widespread.