From: Kimbrell, Patrick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 1:41 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Server Manager - Curious

From: Shamika Fehr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 3:42 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues

Just checked it. It is set to True.

 -----Original Message-----
From: Zangara, Jim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 3:14 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues

I had that problem - it seems my DC's losing browser elections - made these changes and all is good

Most machines are showing up as grayed out in Server Manager

Cause:

PDC is losing elections

Resolution:

Looked at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Parameters

The IsDomainMaster string was set to False, changed it to True

Restarted PDC

Jim Zangara, MCSE+I
Special Projects Engineer
Premiere Radio Networks
A Division of Clear Channel Communications
15260 Ventura Blvd Suite 500
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Direct: (818) 461-8620