From: "Paul Gaske" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "NT System Admin Issues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 4:34 PM
Subject: RE: Confusion at Microsoft

Hi Greg,

On the FAQ page ( http://www.microsoft.com/technet/mpsa/start.asp, then
click on "Frequently Asked Questions" in the black title-bar) there is
this item:
Q: I'm up to date with patches according to Windows Update - but MPSA
tells me I'm missing security fixes. How can that be?
A: The Windows Update site is updated with new patches according to a
fixed schedule. It is possible that a recently released security patch
will be identified by MPSA, but not be added to the Windows Update site
until several weeks later. Also, you should ensure that your system is
running the latest Service Pack before chacking for Hotfixes on Windows
Update.
I personally wish there was one place to download ALL security patches
(be it os/iis/office/whatever).

Cheers,
Paul.