A realist would figure out that it takes a full time effort to get people to
boycott anything.  People will put up with a lot for convienence, even being
ripped off...

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hornbuckle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 10:13 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: "RUMORS" CONCERNING THE PRICE OF GAS?

I think some conservatives would say that it's not the government's
position to tell a vendor what he can or can't charge for his products
or services. If a vendor chooses to charge obscene rates, he should have
the freedom to do so. By the same token, consumers have the freedom to
never spend a single penny with that vendor again--thus driving him out
of business as punishment for his foolish pricing move. A conservative
might argue that we can protect ourselves in this situation by voting
with our wallets, and that we don't need government to step in and do it
for us.

John Hornbuckle
Network Manager
Taylor County School District