TechTV is reporting a plea from the Red Cross in NYC for computers and tech
support.

The info is here :
http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/showtell/story/0,23008,3347294,00.html
(URL may get wrapped)

I would also like to add my condolences to all who have lost friends an
loved ones in this tragedy.  And my sympathy and best wishes to all who are
still waiting for news - I know what you are going through.  My parents and
my sister live and work in Washington DC, and I have friends in NYC and
Manhatten.  My family is fine, but I still haven't heard from any of the
people I know in NYC...
I live in Vancouver, Canada, and there's very little I can do from here -
but I'm sure that some of the people on this list may be able to answer the
appeal from the Red Cross for tech support - after all, it's what we do.

Regards,
Amer Karim
Nautilis Information Systems
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PS - I thought this appeal was appropiate to this list (for anyone who might
ask).