I use Win NT W/S v. 4+SP6a

On boot-up I get six "Event ID: 3" reports (in the Event Log) relating to
"WinSock Proxy Client" (I have WSP 2 SP1 installed on a local, dual NIC,
server).

The event detail Description in each case take the form: -

"Application [xxxxxx.exe]. The application was started while the service
manager was locked and NtLmSsp wasn't running. If the application will try
to remote via WinSock Proxy it can cause a deadlock with the service
manager. For this reason the remoting is disabled. If the application is a
service, and you want it to be able to remote, make it dependent on
NtLmSsp."

Can someone please explain how I "make it dependent on NtLmSsp".

I don't know how to make the change to enforce the wait for the
load/initialisation of NtLmSsp (the NTLM Security Support Provider) before
any of the six problem routines attempt to load etc.

My thanks to all/any person(s) willing to share their knowledge to help me
out with this problem.

Dave,
Argyll College,
Scotland.