i beg to differ on this remark.  they we're minding their own business when
Hitler decided to take over Europe.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 14 September 2001 9:44 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Here's the very point I've been making

While the US may not have made the best decisions with regards to
foreign policy over the years, I would like to know how much happier
everyone would be if the entire planet outside the US (and possibly
Canada) was Communist?

Isolationism solves nothing.  Eventually, the trouble comes looking
for you.

I'm sure Belgium provoked someone to earn their fate in WW2.   Same
for Poland in both World Wars.

 ASB - http://www.ultratech-llc.com/KB/?File=~MoreInfo.TXT
 "Bad company is like a nail driven into a post, which, after
 the first or second blow, may be drawn out with little
 difficulty; but being once driven up to the head, the
 pincers cannot take hold to draw it out, but which can
 only be done by the destruction of the wood." -- St. Augustine
(354-430).