To start, it is good to be on topic again.

My question is regarding adding users in Windows 2000.  We recently moved
our network from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 (Servers and Workstations).
We use scripts to add our class user accounts using the NET command as
follows:

net user <username> <password> /add
net group <groupname> <username> /add /domain
.
.
.
.

for each user we wish to add.  We use a home grown Visual Basic program do
create the scripts.

This kind of script worked fine for Windows NT 4.0, however here is the
problem with Windows 2000.

Windows 2000 has two different logon names, A Windows 2000 dns based login
name in the form of <username>@domain.org.   There is also a Pre-Windows
2000 login name that consists of the NETBIOS  NAME\Username.  In our case a
user name for jsmith would be both in the form of
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and CS2\jsmith.

When the script utilizing net user command is used the user is created, but
it does not fill in the name for the DNS version of the login name.  So on
the account tab of a users properties the User login name field is empty.

This has resulted in some of the users having intermittent trouble logging
into the domain.  An error message comes up saying the domain cannot be
found.  Once the user name for the DNS logon is set the user can login just
fine.

Has anyone seen this error?  Is there a new version of the NET command out
there with better parameters?  Also to note I have converted my servers to
Native Mode, no more NT around at all.
Because we make hundreds of new accounts every semester I would like to find
a way to make the NET USER command run properly in Windows 2000.

Mahalo

Carl