I had several Compaq drives in Compaq servers that started showing the
yellow icon in Insight manager.    Upgrading the firmware returned them to
green status.    Compaq wanted to try that before sending me a bunch of new
drives on warranty.     While I was at it I upgraded all the other stuff
that is in the 'RomPaq'.

                    "Martin Blackstone"

                    <mblackstone@superiora        To:     "NT System Admin Issues"

                    ccess.net>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                  cc:

                    09/17/2001 01:38 PM           Subject:     RE: Compaq Hot Swap

                    Please respond to "NT

                    System Admin Issues"

Yea. What's up with that?
As I said, I have been running IBM servers for the last couple of years.
Never had a drive fail.
Now I have had 3 drives fail (2 total failures and one SMART warning) in
Compaq servers in the last 3 months. None of the boxes is over a year
old.