Dear all, would somebody please please please clarify the certification
process for me with regards to upgrading my MCSE to a Windows 2000 one?!!

I am now getting very confused as to where I stand and what I should be
planning. I have been under the impression for the last 12 months that I
only needed to take the Accelerated exam (70-240) to upgrade, I think I
was mis-informed on this matter and should have read properly for myself
although I'm sure MS have changed some of the terminology used on their
website in relation to this.

Basically I am being told different things by MS and by some training
companies, generally I would go with what MS say but after experiences
with them over licensing issues I thought I would seek a 2nd (3rd?)
opinion!

I passed the following exams to obtain my NT 4.0 MCSE: Windows 95, Network
Essentials, NT 4.0, NT 4.0 Enterprise, NT 4.0 Workstation, Proxy Server
2.0 and TCP/IP.

MS are telling me that Proxy Server 2.0 and TCP/IP do count as electives
but as TCP/IP is being retired at the end of this year then it will not
count as an elective so I need to take a W2Kelective as well. Apparently
Proxy Server 2.0 will continue to count as an elective.

However another Training Company (quite reputable) are telling me that I
only need to sit the Accelerated exam and a design exam.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated, I think we deserve
certification for understanding the process!!

Thanks very much James.