From: Alex Ring [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 1:29 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: W2K Editing Group Policy

I have tried to access the policy in various ways ;

on the FMSO using mmc, and then adding the group policy snap in - it
fails
with the error 'failed to find a domain controller - there may be a
policy
that prevents you from selecting another domain controller'

i get the same message when trying to access via the Active Directory
Users
& Computers - Properties - Group Policy

Havent got the adminpak installed on  my client, can give it a try
though.

Both domain controllers & client can ping each other via dns hostname
(netbios is disabled throughout our network), and DNS is not reporting
any
errors into the event log, nor via netdiag /test:dns /v

File & Printer sharing is setup, and is working. Unfortunately, cant
access
the web to search for more info on techn et, as internal systems have
shutdown web access until the Nimda issue is sorted out, so if anyone
has
any further suggestions...that would be great.

Thanks

Alex