legal notice key:

http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q238149
----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm Reitz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "NT System Admin Issues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 4:23 PM
Subject: RE: Splash screens and wallpaper

Dan,

As someone who has lived through this before...

1. You can change the default user background. Create your own bitmap and
have the Wallpaper entry in Hkey_Users\.Default\Control Panel\Desktop point
to it. There is also a way to put a legal notice message box, requiring an
"OK" click, up before the user can log on. I don't recall the exact key; a
MSKB search on should find it easily.

2. IMHO, this is a colossal waste of time. Policies or no, there are too
many ways for users to change their background settings. Think about whether
or not this is worth all the grumbling and anti-IT sentiment that will be
generated for such a trivial matter. I assume your users already know not to
put dirty pictures or obscene jokes up for background material.

Malcolm