From: Dillon, Jeff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 1:29 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Microsoft Has Nimda

Operant Conditioning 101: behavior is controlled by its consequences, but
most IT depts are skilled at dodging those consequences (which reinforces
THAT behavior), so nothing changes/improves.  The problem that management
has is determining whether any given admin "crime" is worthy of the death
sentence, since a firing impacts morale and often requires a new (expensive)
hire.  I see two places where improvement could be made:  1)upgrade the
multitude of admins (not fast or easy or cheap), or 2)upgrade the product's
ability to keep ITSELF patched (which is Microsoft's baby).  There seems to
be a certain efficiency in #2.