You don't need to install the full Acrobat product.  You need to use
postscript printer drivers to get this ability.  You can install Adobe
Postscript to get the print to file ability.  Then you can use
Ghostscript to convert it to a more useful format (text/pdf).  The key
thing is to use postscript drivers for the printer.  Both of the
programs I mention are useful for this and the end price tag - $0.

Goes something like this after installing the Adobe Postscript and
Ghostscript programs:

1:  Choose print and check the ptint to file.
2.  Save as <filename>.ps
3.  Use Ghostscript's ps2pdf converter.  ps2pdf <filename>.ps
<filename>.pdf
4.  Use Acrobat Reader to view.
5.  Use ps2ascii if you want plain text file output conversion.

I'm using version 5.50 of Ghostscript and the latest version of Adobe
Postscript for NT4.

Here are the urls:
Ghostscript www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/ or www.alladin.com
Adobe Postscript www.adobe.com/products/postscript/main.html