From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 08:50
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: NET SEND error 2273?

For years, on my network (All computers involved are running W2K Pro SP2 on
TCP/IP), we've used a program I wrote that lets people send net send
messages to each other (for things like "so and so is on line 4").
Yesterday, it stopped working for some computers. I don't remember doing
anything over the weekend that would have caused this. When I try to send a
message to another user, for example:

Net send username Hi

It fails with error message 2273 - An error occurred while sending a message
to Computer Name .
The message alias could not be found on the network.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2273.
I looked this up in the MSKB and it says that this has been fixed as of SP2,
but all of these computers already have SP2!

Worse, the problem does not affect all computers. For example:

Computer A to Computer B: Works
Computer B to Computer A: Works

Computer D to Computer B: Fails
Computer B to Computer D: Fails

Computer A to Computer C: Fails
Computer C to Computer A: Fails

Strange!

This is a very critical function for our employees. Anyone have any
thoughts?

Thanks,

Evan

Want to unsub? Do that here: