Yes the device does have the routes, and the box is not checked.

The underlying problem with checking the default gateway option is that the
users are no longer able to browse the internet.  This is becuase the VPN
terminates on the outside card of the firewall and is not able to do the
redirection back out the same card.

(The tunnel terminates 'outside' the firewall, not 'inside')

admin&text_mod
e=0&lang=english
waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying
of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended
recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please
advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.