I've had a Starband 360 installed on our Windows 2000 network.  It has
been installed on a Windows 2000 server, an HP NetServer E800.  This
was a working domain server, but with only one NIC, the one which was
built-in.  As the installer came from a great distance, we decided to
use the built-in NIC.  We set the TCPIP parameters as desired by
Starband - get the address from Starband, use their DNS and gateway.
Obviously, this disabled the network, but we finally had broadband.

We bought the Starband because they allow networking.  They
specifically recommend WinProxy.  We bought a license for 5 computers.
We also bought a NetGear FA311 10/100 PCI Network card and installed
it.  We now have two problems:

        1.  I can't seem to get the network running on the second NIC.  I
can ping in both directions by both name and number.  (however, there
are LMHOSTS files in both workstations and server).  I have changed
the network server address from 192.168.100.10 to 192.168.0.1 and
listed that address for both DNS and gateway.  That machine is the
domain controller.  When I try to connect to a share on the server, I
variously get a "not available" or "in use" message.  I tried removing
a workstation and re-entering it.  I tried removing the NIC and
putting it in a different PCI slot although there are no conflicts
showing in the system hardware diagnosis.

        2.  When I boot the computer with both NICs enabled, the Starband
shows at first that it is working (small icon in the right side of the
taskbar) and then it fails.  If I disable the other network card, it
works fine.  It appears as if the Starband is detecting the second MAC
card and turning itself off, although the Starband tech folks say that
shouldn't happen.

Anybody have any ideas?  Thanks,

Larry
--