Title: Message
Format. Unless you install third party apps (Zone Alarm, Tiny Personal Firewall etc), there's nothing I've found from MS that will help secure 9x.
-----Original Message-----
From: Don Collier (Intermap Denver) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 12:55 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: securing older machines

Does Microsoft also supply patches for win9x and ME machines?  I have a few of these machines on my network and I need to know what to do to keep them secure.  Well.... as secure as can be with Win9x that is.  I use the hfnetchk for patches on my 2k and nt machines, but this does not seem to work with 9x.  I have gotten all of the updates from windowsupdate.microsoft.com for the 9x machines.  Is there anything else that I need to do with them?  Thanks.

_________________________________
Don Collier
Network Administrator
Intermap Technologies Inc.