I had very good luck with Windows 98 plug and play picking up the hardware
differences and running normally when ghosted to different hardware.    I
even ghosted an IBM laptop image onto a Dell laptop and it worked
automatically, although it took quite some time and several reboots for the
plug and play to finish.   It even found the different chipsets
automatically.

But I havent had the same experience with Windows 2000.    I usually get a
'Inaccessible_Boot_Device' bluescreen when I try to image onto different
hardware.    That's why I came up with the automatic unattended install for
Win2k and the application difs.   We keep a library of clean images, one
for each particular hardware configuration.     That library has to be
maintained also as patches and service packs are released.    Roll the
image onto the hardware, install the patches, service packs, whatever, make
configuration changes, then save the image back to the library again.

                    "Tran, Chris"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        To:     "NT System Admin Issues"

                                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    09/27/2001           cc:

                    09:53 AM             Subject:     RE: Ghost 2002 Suggestions

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "NT System

                    Admin Issues"

I don't think you can ghost a Dell then push to a Compaq (different
hardware), I even tried it on a different model same Dell..but you still
can
ghost it and then reapply the right drivers.
Re comp name , create an image without joining the domain (workgroup only)
then you can join it after push it down

CT