Title: RE: Network printing

I've only got 50 users, so I did it the old fashioned way by visiting each desktop.  I avoided scripts as much as possible.

-----Original Message-----
From: Langevin, Rene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 1:54 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Network printing

Hi all,

        I got a bunch of printers (HP LaserJet 5SI, HP 4000TN, HP 4, Lex
Optra S, Lex Optra T and Lex Optra E) and they are networked.  My print
server is a NT 4.0 Sp6a and my workstation are W98, WinNT WS 4 Sp6a and
Win2k Pro Sp2.

        I would like to know what do you do to assign a printer to a user?

        Do you map it in the login script depending if they are member of a
group, or you let the user map the printer?

        Because for now, with POLEDIT, my users aren't able to map their
printer, I must do it.

        Since I have printers with or without duplex unit, mailbox,
stampler, etc... I don't know how I can manager to dynamically assign a
printer to a user (or computer)

René

Want to unsub? Do that here:
http://www.w2knews.com/rd/rd.cfm?id=unsub