Hey folks,

This may be slightly off-topic, so please accept my apologies.

I was just wondering if you "old-tim...." ummm....."experienced" folks knew
about any vulnerabilities with opening the NTP service UDP & TCP 123 through
my firewall to one designated server.

I've found some vulnerabilities listed but they seem to only effect the
listed platforms below. Any for NT and/or WatchGuard Firebox II?

Hewlett-Packard:
HP9000 Series 700/800 running HP-UX releases 10.XX and 11.XX.

Red Hat:
Red Hat Linux 6.2 and earlier (for xntpd).
Red Hat Linux 7.0 (for ntpd).

NetBSD:
NetBSD prior to 1.4.
NetBSD 1.4 and 1.5.
NetBSD-CURRENT prior to 2001-04-05.

FreeBSD:
FreeBSD 3.x (all releases).
FreeBSD 4.x (all releases).
FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE and 4.2-STABLE prior to the correction date 2001-04-06.
FreeBSD ports collection prior to the correction date 20001-04-06.

Caldera:
OpenLinux 2.3 (All packages previous to xntp-3.5.93e-5)
OpenLinux eServer 2.3.1 and OpenLinux eBuilder (All packages previous to
xntp-3.5.93e-5)
OpenLinux eDesktop 2.4 (All packages previous to xntp-4.0.97-2)

Regards,

Sean Martin, MCSE
Network Administrator
Ribelin Lowell & Company
Insurance Brokers, Inc.
3111 C Street, Suite 300
Anchorage, Alaska 99503
Ph: (907) 561-1250
Fax: (907) 561-4315
Cell: (907) 229-0885
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
DO NOT read, copy or disseminate this communication unless you are the
intended addressee. This e-mail communication contains confidential and/or
privileged information intended only for the addressee. If you have received
this communication in error, please call us immediately at (907) 561-1250
and ask to speak to the sender of the communication. Also, please e-mail the
sender and notify the sender immediately that you have received the
communication in error.

Want to unsub? Do that here:
http://www.w2knews.com/rd/rd.cfm?id=unsub
Need a good FAQ? Try this one first: