On 3 Jan 2008 at 15:03, Bill Krumel  wrote:

> Malcom,
>
> I have the following saved in a batch file along with textfile.txt
>
> All I get is a black screen that goes away really quick.  I tried
> putting
> in a PAUSE and that didn't work either.  Any Ideas?  What is the %i for?

> FOR /F %i IN (textfile.txt) DO ROBOCOPY \\server\data2\ \\server\test %i

If it's in a batch-file you need to double-up the "%" signs in front of the
"i".

IOW in a CMD window the command as shown will work.  In a batch-file you need

FOR /F %%i IN (textfile.txt) DO ROBOCOPY \\server\data2\ \\server\test %%i

Type "FOR /?" in a CMD window for more than you want to know about FOR ...

HTH

Angus

--
Angus Scott-Fleming