These look to be promising!

I've been fighting (another) chest cold and was stumbling out of the
center when this problem snagged me (delaying my out-stumble for an hour
or so...)

Checking the event logs, I see that license logging service had not been
disabled.  I also saw a report of a bad block on the drive containing the
user files.

I've run newly-arrived MS patches and am now re-booting into a file system
check.  If this doesn't work, then I'll look into the backup agent snag
and command line utilities.

Thanks!!!!
Richard McClary, Systems Administrator
ASPCA Knowledge Management
1717 S Philo Rd, Ste 36, Urbana, IL  61802
217-337-9761
http://www.aspca.org