To: "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: DNS dynamic updates - Secure vs. Nonsecure

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816592

Webster

----- Original Message ----
From: Ajay Kulsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: DNS dynamic updates - Secure vs. Nonsecure

Can anyone tell me what is the harm in having "Nonsecure" Dynamic DNS
updates in Windows 2003 DNS server, if any? For some reason, from some of
our subnets, clients (thru DHCP server or directly) cannot register their A
and PTR records with the DNS server if we choose to have Secure Only
updates, so we have enable both Secure and Nonsecure. Has anyone had this
kind of problem before? Thanks.

~ <http://www.sunbelt-software.com/SunbeltMessagingNinja.cfm> ~