Not that I can see but then I do things a little different.  This will also
depend on which version of VMWare you are using.  I do not have the money to
invest in doing it as right as I should so I have to use the "free"
version.  I have a dedicated RAID 1 for the OS something like 36 GB or so.
I also do not partition the Data Store drive.  Each VM is in its own folder
but not its own drive.  YMMV

Jon