From: Devin Meade [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:56 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Stoopid Vista / UAC / group policy assigned user login scripts

Vista test station / 2003 native mode.  A local admin does not get
drive mappings via domain loginscript.  Regular users do.

Best write up on this:
http://redmondmag.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?tid=3604&pn=1

The GPOGUY's write up:
http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/gpoguy/archive/2006/12/03/Follow-up-to-Vi
sta-logon-script-issues.aspx

MS's write up:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/5ae8da2a-878e-48db
-a3c1-4be6ac7cf7631033.mspx?mfr=true
Sections Entitled "Group Policy Scripts can fail due to User Account
Control"

So this is a common thing.  Anyone else seen this?  I have to run a
script that uses task scheduler to run the logon script?  Really?  We
dont have a lot of local admins, but this seems like a frikkin lame
workaround to get drive mappings on vista.  I suppose I can disable
UAC, but that kills IE protected mode.

Feeling much better now.
Devin