From: Eric E Eskam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:20 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Cc: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Lost SBS Product Key

"David Minich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 01/10/2008 11:19:38 AM:

> Problem is when we do a restore, it will not boot. We then have
> to do a repair install. When doing that we are forced to enter
> a alternate product id.

After you get the system running with the alternate product ID, can't you do
just a system state restore with your backup software?  It's often a
separate option.  That should overwrite the temp key with your "real" key.

Then, of course, backup your key with magic jellybean for the "next time"
:-)

Eric Eskam
The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect any
position of the U.S. Government
"The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a strange
protein; it rejects it."
-  P. B. Medawar