From: Ziots, Edward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 6:22 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: HP DL380 G5 and Win2k3 R2 Standard not showing maximum memory
in OS Followup.

TO all,  ( Ken I hate to say it, but I have seen this with me own eyes, and
the /PAE switch does enable you to see the 4GB)

I have proven that the /PAE switch has worked on a DL 380 G5 system with
4096 MB of RAM at post. Running Windows 2003 R2 SP1.

Before putting the /PAE switch in the boot.ini the memory available to
Windows ( via MSinfo32.exe and winver was 3.4GB)

After putting the /PAE switch in the boot.ini the memory availbile to
Windows ( via Msinfo32.exe and Winver was 4GB)

The system I tested on was built with 4GB of RAM already in the system, and
when it was finished being built showed 3.4GB of RAM available to windows. I
don't think this would change if you just added 1-2GB of RAM to a 2GB system
to bring it up to 4GB.

If someone else with the same architecture can confirm my findings please so
we can settle this matter once and for all.