From: Ziots, Edward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 7:30 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: HP DL380 G5 and Win2k3 R2 Standard not showing maximum
memory in OS Followup.

Folks, I stand semi=corrected J

Looking at it again, Winver is telling me 4.0GB and msinfo32.exe is
showing me like 3.7-3.8GB right now. With the PAE switch in there. If I
take the PAE switch out winver shows 3.4, and Msinfo32.exe shows about
3GB available to windows.

So /PAE isn't making it totally see 4GB but does make about a 300-400MB
improvement in the amount of memory seen in windows on a DL 380 G5
system.

Its about the best that you can do I guess without going X64 or paying
more for Enterprise Edition and not using all the features.