You will be hard pressed to find such a document, given all the variables,
nor is that a useful way to go about justifying the headcount that might be
needed.

Rather, put together a list of all the activities that are needed to
successfully maintain the security posture in your specific environment.
 Allocate some estimation of the time needed for each function, then add it
all up.  (Also take the liberty of delegating some portions of it to other
technology departments, as necessary).

This will tell you what the level of staffing *should* be for your
environment, and by adding work to other people's plates, you'll
automatically get their "support" for additional headcount.  :)

Of course, expect management to disagree on some of the items in your list,
AND in the time allocated -- especially if they can keep it the way it is by
shaving a few numbers and whacking a few tasks.

* *

*ASB* *http://about.me/Andrew.S.Baker* *Harnessing the Advantages of
Technology for the SMB market…

*