That's what I was hoping to hear.  I'm not touching the application cluster
name, only the physical cluster host.

>>> "Senter, John" <john.sen...@etrade.com> 7/25/2011 8:45 AM >>>
Moving the "Cluster Host Server" will only cause a blip for the users if you
have resources tied to that name.  So depends on the cluster setup.  In the
case of a SQL cluster you will have a dedicated cluster name for SQL and moving
the host server around will not cause any issues since that name is not used by
the clients.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Heaton [mailto:jhea...@dfg.ca.gov]
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 11:41 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Windows clustering question

After a brief search online, I think my issue is the "Current Host Server",
which is shown in the Cluster Management, if you click on the node at the top,
it's in the middle window.  My current host server is the passive node.  I've
got the command to change it, but I'm waiting on a forum response as to whether
running the command will cause a "blip" at all for users.  Can't have that
during working hours.

>>> <richardmccl...@aspca.org> 7/25/2011 8:20 AM >>>
When we do an RDP to the cluster name, the active note is connected.  This
(checking the machine name once logged in) is how we know which node it
actually is (so we can do maintenance on the inactive node).
--
richard