On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Jimmy Tran <jt...@teachtci.com> wrote:
> So I just purchased a Dell Latitude E6520 laptop.  In the package I found a
> yellow notice about 512e drives.  So I read about this and it looks like the
> partitioning of the drive is different.

  Do you have a hard disk larger 1 terabyte or larger?  If not, then
as far as I know, it doesn't apply.  It appears nobody is implementing
4 KiB sectors except on drives that big.

  Even if your hard disk *is* larger than 1 terabyte, your drive may
or may not be using 4 KiB sectors internally.  You'd have to check
with Dell to see if you have one of those drives.

  Dell appears to be putting that note in everything they ship,
regardless of how big the drive is.  We just got an E6520 with a 128
GB SSD and it had that note.

-- Ben