"The one thing I teach in my IT classes is that you cannot know everything,
but if you can find the answers you can look like you do."

+1,000,000 - I live by very similar words. Granted, textbook engineering can
be dangerous and is no substitute for hands on experience, but you have to
start somewhere.

<Interstitial>

My father is an engineer in the classical sense of the word (electrical and
mechanical). When we moved many years ago, he had the moving truck stop by
his new office to unload his library before going to our new house (this
was, ahem, before the internet and books on CD). Also bear in mind that he
is a practical engineer, very hands on....not the theoretical laboratory
type, though he is capable in that regard as well. When the moving guys
started unloading hand-truck loads of books, my father's new (also an
engineer) boss' mouth hit the floor. My father simply said, "Mack, you don't
have to know everything to be a good engineer, you just have to know where
to look."

There were a number of very good engineers in that department. When the
company downsized about 8 years later, the only two people that they kept on
were Mack and my father.

</Interstitial>

Jonathan A+, MCSA, MCSE

Thumb-typed from my HTC Droid Incredible (and yes, it really is) on the
Verizon network. Please excuse brevity and any misspellings.