Please help! We have been having this problem for a week and a half and we have
not found a resolution. Thanks.

I've got a Dell PowerEdge 2850 which has three disks of its own, and 7-200GB
drives assigned from a SUN SAN. It is a W2K3/SP1 server. This server is direct
connected to a switch. All disks, SANS and Server disks are formated NTFS. We
have created shares as required by our imaging system on the SAN volumes. The
imaging system and all it's associated utilities have had no problem writing to
these disks in the last two years. Last week, when attempting to create new
volumes (these are just folders on the file system) it took several hours for
it to time out. A folder was created, the .ini file was created inside of it,
and one partial control file. Normally, the .ini file is created, 5-500MB
control files are created, and one control file less that 50MB is created in
under 5 mins. I was able to reproduce the problem condition three times from
three different workstations one of which was on the same subnet as the server.
As a test, I attempted to copy a 8.4
 MB file to that server from my desktop. It took 5 minutes to copy the file.
When I copied the file back to my desktop, it took less than 10secs. Another
test I tried was copying the same file to a different server not connected to
the SAN, but does pass through a hub before connecting to the switch. The same
file copied from my desktop to the new server, was almost instantaneous. We
also know that the problem exists whether writing to the servers disks or to
the SAN disks. Things we've checked...

1. We configured a different switch port for the same subnet and plugged a
working production server into it. It worked fine. We plugged the problem
server into the new switch port and the problem still persits.
2. We have changed out the cables w/brand new out of the bag cables.
3. The server has two onboard NICS. We switched NIC cards, but the problem
still persits.
4. The server was also plugged into a hub. We removed the hub and direct
connected the server into the switch.
5. We verified that the speed/duplex was set to 100Mps/Full on the NIC and on
the switch port.
6. The motherboard has been replaced in case the NICs were bad.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs