From: gro...@beachcomp.com [mailto:gro...@beachcomp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 8:01 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Open source monitor with Agent

Morning folks!
Hope everyone is well.

I am familiar with Nagios (somewhat) and how it works but I was
wondering....
Is there anything like Nagios that allows you to put an agent on a machine
and have the machine call the server to update?
The downside to Nagios is having to deal with firewall issues, so if there
was something that went outbound, it would be perfect.
I have looked & used SpiceWorks but it just can't do what Nagios does, and
not feasible to run on each workstation by itself.

Thanks for your input.

Dave