I've researched this and it appears to be okay to do, but something keeps
telling me it seems too easy....

I'm in the process of retiring an old print server, but with most of the
faculty not back yet I need to keep the printers 'live' on both servers.
I'd like to set up different share names for the same printers on the new
server and change the networked printers for faculty as they arrive back on
campus. Anyone ever done this?  Any issues?

--
Organization and good planning are just crutches for people that can't
handle stress and caffeine. - unknown