From: Stefan Jafs [mailto:stefan.j...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 2:09 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Strange Disk i VMware server

I just applied the Windows patches this PM and I usually check Event viewer and
making sure all services that starts Automatic are started,
I found an error in the System folder:
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:  dmboot
Event Category:          None
Event ID:          3
dmboot: Failed to start volume Volume2 (S:)

Strange, so I checked Disk Management and lo and behold there is 3rd Disk,
Failed 512Gb Dynamic disk!! But when I check the VMware setting there are only
the 2 Disks that are supposed to be there. I even booted to the BIOS to see but
no clues there. If I right click on the drive it has the option to Delete
Volume but should I do that?

Anyone with any ideas what's going on?

Server 2003

--