The overwhelming majority of my critical equipment has dual power supplies,
which I always connect to separate UPSs. So if one UPS exhibits this behavior,
the equipment will stay up and running.

I realize this only addresses the symptom and not the root cause, but it might
help.

John Hornbuckle
MIS Department
Taylor County School District