I've started getting errors from VSS on a Win2008 R2 server. We run
Networker as our backup program, and it uses VSS to make snapshots, and
then backs up from those snapshots (if I'm understanding that process
correctly). And the last couple nights, it has been partially failing
(partially meaning that some files weren't backed up, but most were).

(I've never changed any settings for VSS, as Networker handles all that)

First thing I see, in SYSTEM log of the client:
(E: is the main data drive, and X: is the disk that Networker writes to(

Event 33, source: volsnap:
The oldest shadow copy of volume E: was deleted to keep disk space usage
for shadow copies of volume E: below the user defined limit.

Event 24, source: volsnap:
There was insufficient disk space on volume X: to grow the shadow copy
storage for shadow copies of E:.  As a result of this failure all shadow
copies of volume E: are at risk of being deleted.

Event 35, source volsnap:
The shadow copies of volume E: were aborted because the shadow copy
storage failed to grow.

And then Networker reports that some files weren't backed up.

E: size = 665G
X: Free space = 609G

So I guess what I need to do is for VSS to not use so much space for
it's snapshots, so it doesn't run out of room.

VSS Use limit of X: is 184,319M (which is 10% of the total size of
1800G). I *think* if I reduce this (to say, 125,000M) then the snapshots
shouldn't take up all available space and cause my errors. Because it
looks like VSS is using this drive to (temporarily) store it's
snapshots, and Networker is also using this drive to store it's backups
on).

Thoughts/comments/advice?

Thanks