My perhaps misguided praise of SG aside, I still think he nailed the
short and complex versus long password issue. I use long teens and
twenties long character passwords at work with upper/lower case, numbers
and punctuation. They're based on phrases, but look like gibberish.
Though as Steve suggests with his password haystack idea, I'm starting
to pad some of my older shorter passwords with extra characters. Not
always the same character and not always at the end.

If guessing a password doesn't work, brute force is all that's left.

And I like LastPass. I know they were in the news. They responded to the
*possibility* of a hack exactly as a security company should have.

Doug Hilderbrand | Systems Analyst, Information Technology | Crane
Aerospace & Electronics