Since you mentioned consulting I thought I'd chime in. As a rule, we avoid purchasing anything for our clients. We will spec and do the ordering, but avoid paying the bills. I'd rather just have the overhead of labor to worry about and not having to pay interest on CC debt while I wait for clients to pay me.

For most clients of any size we usually setup accounts with CDW for them and they can setup terms or have a CC at CDW. Makes things simple and allows us to research past purchases, invoices etc. Tiny clients I just use new egg usually. Saves them sales tax.

Bill

Jon Harris wrote:
I seem to remember a while back a discussion on online purchasing and use of prepaid cards for that purpose. Are any of you doing that or do you use a regular credit card attached to your PII? I am just now starting to do online purchasing for my consulting and really do not like the idea of having my cc #, name and address stolen by hackers because some online company was a little forgetful or not following best practices. FYI I don't do online banking at all and unless I end up being forced to do so don't plan to change that. If you are using a prepaid card which company do you use? Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, or some other? Thanks a lot for your opinion on this, Jon Harris

To manage subscriptions click here: http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/read/my_forums/ or send an email to listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com <mailto:listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com>