+1.. Juniper all the way. We use the Juniper netscreen (or whatever they are
called now) for site to site VPN or remote access. Simple to set up.

From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:asbz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 4:39 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Cisco VPN Router?

No.   If you already have the Juniper device, and IPSEC tunnel can easily be
setup between the two.

ASB

http://XeeMe.com/AndrewBaker

Harnessing the Advantages of Technology for the SMB market.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 7:28 AM, Paul Hutchings <paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk>
wrote:

I've not dealt with any Cisco kit for a long time.  If we want to create a
site-to-site VPN tunnel to another location that used Cisco kit to terminate
the connection, is there any benefit in going with a Cisco device vs. a
Juniper?

I've not done too much with site to site VPN's but my understanding is that
whilst the implementation and terminology may vary between manufacturers,
the underlying protocols should be compatible?

Thanks,

Paul

  _____

MIRA Ltd