Reseating the board and/or rubbing the contacts where it attaches to the drive
with a pencil eraser worked for one of our guys here last week.

From: Erik Goldoff [mailto:egold...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 6:12 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: hard drive repair/data recovery vendor

I have performed this method of recovery more than once successfully.  Mostly
desktop systems, where the company had ordered a series of identical models, so
the drives were identical too.

I cannot say on the times I failed if I did more damage to the situation, and
will not argue your opinion, but for some instances where either time or budget
is very important, it's worth a try.  YMMV, don't try this at home, kids ask
your parents first.

Erik Goldoff
IT  Consultant
Systems, Networks, & Security
'  Security is an ongoing process, not a one time event ! '