From: John Aldrich [mailto:jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 12:00 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Reconfiguring an existing email on a Blackberry

One of my users has a Blackberry through AT&T which is configured to check his
email through IMAP. However, that leads to email building up in his "sent"
folder on the server (which we do not own or control and for which we pay by
the MB stored, so I limit the email folder size.) I have tried to figure out
how to reconfigure his email on the blackberry to use POP3 instead of IMAP, but
I can't seem to get it to allow me to change it.

I'm not sure which Blackberry he has, other than it's one of the newer ones
with the touch-screen and the keyboard the slides out at the bottom of the
phone.

I *did* Google that specific question. I also tried to set up a new email
account on his phone, but the phone won't let me as that email address is
already configured on there. Should I just tell him to go to the AT&T store and
have them set it up from scratch or is there an easy way to do this? We do NOT
have a BES/BIS server and no plans to get one at this time. Also, as previously
mentioned, we do NOT run our own mail server.

[John-Aldrich][Thread-Count]

or send an email to

<<inline: image001.jpg>>

<<inline: image002.jpg>>