Sorry, I didn't read far enough.  The Kiwi is a service that runs on a
Windows box.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Leone [mailto:oozerd...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:24 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Free syslog virtual appliance recommendations?

On 9/20/2011 11:05 AM, Mayo, Bill wrote:
> Kiwi has a free one.
>
> http://www.kiwisyslog.com/

Really? That doesn't look like a pre-built VM appliance ...

I didn't know that Kiwi was a part of Solar Winds. We use Solar Winds.
I'll have to look to see if we already have some of that capability
already.

The reason for the appliance is that I can easily make a new VM, and
download and install Kiwi. But then I have to use up one of my Windows
licenses. And usually, appliances are based on Linux, and don't (always)
have licensing costs.