Eventually they will also acquire Flexera, and packaging tools will
ultimately come way down in price. It's a sad loss of a good product, but
times have moved on. It's now about delivery (virtual apps, virtual
desktop), who uses what app and when and why. Tool sets that account for
more than just packaging apps, and app conflict management are available and
gaining prominence as business needs to understand why they have the apps
that they do, and if there is a reason to keep them. Over and above that,
give it a couple of years and MSI installers will be a rarity, with the
majority either being delivered as a streamed app or via web.

On 17 October 2011 16:31, Rod Trent <rodtr...@myitforum.com> wrote:

> Did you guys hear about this yet?
>

> http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/2011/10/17/flexera-installshield-acquiring-wiseone-product-to-rule-them-all/
>

> I know there was some discussion recently about Wise, but looks like
> end-of-life is November 7th…

> To manage subscriptions click here:

Regards,

Clayton